How to wash a traditional cotton hammock
It is best to wash your Hamacama cotton hammock by hand.
In its simplest form, it goes something like washing your hair:
- Fill the sink with warm water, add some shampoo and knead the hammock well in this washing water.
- Drain the wash water, and use warm water from the tap to thoroughly wash the shampoo out of the hammock.
- Wring out the hammock well and then leave it spread out over the clothes horse to dry. Do not put in the dryer! Only roll up and store when the hammock is completely dry.
30° washing machine (at your own risk)
- Important: Tie the hammock’s suspension ropes together with twine (otherwise you will have a lot of work untangling the hammock).
- Wash hammock at 30 °C (cotton) in the washing machine
- Leave the hammock spread out over the clothes horse to dry. Do not put in the dryer! Only roll up and store when the hammock is completely dry.
- The lying surfaces of the Hamacama hammocks are made of 100% cotton and are colourfast. The suspension cords of the hammocks are made of nylon for stability reasons.
- The lying surfaces of the Heaven hammocks are made of mercerized cotton, which is even more wash-resistant than normal cotton.